Shawn Michaels’ Ultimate Thanksgiving Dessert Table!
We are just days away from Thanksgiving and despite all that is going on in the world today, one thing that I hope won't get skipped is the delicious Thanksgiving dessert table. I think I am not alone when I say that many of us look forward to turkey day desserts as much as the turkey! maybe in some cases even more so.
I decided to write today about my "ultimate" picks for the dessert table for Thanksgiving. I am not re-inventing the wheel here, but I wanted to share my choices for sweet turkey day treats.
- PUMPKIN PIE: Let's begin with the obvious choice for every Thanksgiving .... pumpkin pie. This iconic dish is probably the most served dessert on Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie never tastes as good as it does on Thanksgiving. Garnish it with a spoonful of whipped cream and a hot cup of coffee and just leave me be!
- APPLE PIE: An American classic that is welcome at any dessert table. For Thanksgiving, or any time, drop a scoop of good vanilla ice cream on it as it comes out of the oven....may not be able to finish this article now!
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE: This is an annual tradition in our house. Homemade chocolate pudding pie with whipped cream top. Funny there is never any leftovers of this one the next day!
- ECLAIRS & CREAM PUFFS: April always puts out a nice tray of mini eclairs & cream puffs. The problem with these are that they are small and you just pop em' and before long you've eaten 10!
- SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE: This one isn't necessarily on the "dessert table" but it should be! It's sweet and delicious. As a kid i hated "sweets" but now I'm all for the sweet potatoes!
- HOLIDAY COOKIES: A must as we get ready for the Holiday's.
Well there you go ... my "ultimate" dessert table and of course make sure there is plenty of COFFEE