Best Ways To Avoid Problems with Coronavirus Disease
Coronavirus disease (COVID 19) is a story that's been topping the news for several weeks now and the more we see the more questions we have. What can we do to help protect ourselves? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has come out with simple, but effective ways we can avoid this virus.
The first, although extremely simple, avoid exposure to the virus. Here are other measures you can implement into your lifestyle to stay healthy.
- Stay home and avoid the workplace if your ill
- Wash your hands often, soap & water for at least 20 seconds (Hand sanitizer if no soap available)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and/or objects using a regular household cleaning wipe or spray.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
This is important, the CDC does NOT recommend that healthy people, with no Coronavirus symptoms wear surgical masks. Only those showing symptoms of COVID 19 should wear masks to help prevent the spread to others. Also those working in healthcare and caregivers should wear when in close contact.
CLICK HERE for CDC travel health tips .....