Jackson Apartment Fire Sparked By Sleepy Smoker
A fire breaks out in a Jackson apartment after the resident falls asleep while smoking Saturday morning.
According to the Asbury Park Press, it sparked around 12:30 a.m. on the couch where the man fell asleep.
Firefighters contained the damage to 815 Brewers Bridge Rd. within Prospect Pointe Apartments. The fire marshal is investigating, but it is believed the blaze started on the couch.
The resident was examined for smoke inhalation at Kimball Medical Center.