The Latest UPDATE! Road Construction in Bayville, Pine Beach, Beachwood and Lacey Township
Rt. 9 through Berkeley, Pine Beach, Beachwood, and Lacey is so bumpy and finally, they're fixing it up.
As of yesterday (July 7th, 2021) a new project in Berkeley Township, Beachwood, Pine Beach, and Lacey Township is taking place.
Most of the closures will be overnight, but there is a schedule to help, according to the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
Here are the intersections to watch out for overnight, according to patch.com:
· Sunrise Boulevard and Park Place Drive, Lacey
· First Street and Musket Road, Lacey
· Route 9 and Haines Street, Lacey
· Route 9 and Laurel Boulevard, Lacey
· Route 9 and South Street, Lacey
· Central Parkway and Butler Blvd/CR 618, Berkeley
· Station Road, Berkeley
· Iger Way and Moorage Avenue, Berkeley
· Korman Road and Ocean Gate CR 625, Berkeley
· Chain Boulevard, Berkeley
· Sylvan Lake Boulevard, Berkeley
· Motor Road and Gladney Avenue, Pine Beach
· Mizzen Avenue, Berkeley, Pine Beach
A couple of construction schedules to keep your eye out for:
Shoulders will be closed from Lacey Township to Beachwood throughout the day in different parts of Rt. 9. Please take caution. According to the New Jersey Department of Transportation, work will begin on-ramps, sidewalks, and curb upgrades.
The total project should be completed in 2022.
Personally, I'm so excited about this project. I realize it's going to be a long one until we see it eventually paved to perfection, but at least they're working on it. I honestly thought "bumpy" Rt. 9 wouldn't get fixed for years. So, I'm thankful for that. Just have a little bit of patience in the next couple of months and if there is a closure in your town, they will let you know ahead of time, according to NJDOT.