(Update) Manchester Police Charge Five in Burglary Probe at Leisure Village West
Five suspects face several charges in a string of burglaries in the age-restricted community of Leisure Village West. Police said the burglaries took place at nine houses from December 2014 through February of this year, where suspects took jewelry, silverware and televisions.
Following a police investigation and surveillance operation, they charged:
- Lionel Jones, 51, of Toms River with Burglary and Theft
- Mary Grasberger, 46, Toms River with Receiving Stolen Property
- Stephanie Milano, 24, of Toms River with Burglary and Theft
- Stephan Gomez, 26, Toms River with Burglary and Theft
- Gianna Florio, 22, Beachwood ws charged with Drug and Drug Paraphernalia Possession and a Weapons Charge
Manchester Police said while three suspects were already in custody, Jones and Florio were apprehended on February 5th following a suspicious person report in the backyard of a Leisure Village West Home.
Assisting with the investigation were the Manchester Township Police Patrol Bureau, Ocean County Sheriff CSI and K-9 Units and the Toms River Police Department.
Police add, that residents are reminded that keeping their property illuminated at night can help deter would-be burglars. Anyone who witnesses suspicious activity in their neighborhood should contact Manchester Police at 732-657-6111 or use the "Tip Line" at www.ManchesterPoliceNJ.com.