A fire that destroyed a vacant home on Princess Court in Toms River that's up for sale, started accidentally early Sunday, according to fire officials.

Denise Kappa - ThinkStock
Denise Kappa - ThinkStock

James P. Mercready, director of the Toms River Bureau of Fire Prevention said the blaze was sparked by from combustible flooring under a boiler in a first-floor utility room, according to The Patch.

The fire broke out around 4 a.m., creating difficult conditions for firefighters battling the flames in the bitter cold with single-digit temperatures and wind chills below zero, according to fire officials.

No one was injured, but the home has been deemed unsafe, according to The Patch.

Multiple fire companies supported the East Dover Fire Company, including Toms River Fire Companies 1 and 2, Silverton Fire Company, Island Heights Fire Company as well as coverage assignments from Brick, Manitou Park and Beachwood



More From 92.7 WOBM