The Great Outdoors IN New Jersey !
New Jersey Monthly Magazine recently did an article about the great "parks" and outdoors areas we have here in New Jersey and the Jersey Shore! Maybe some great ideas for day trips right here in the Garden State this Fall. It's always a colorful time of year when you go day-tripping in Autumn at the Shore.
The sites that made their top 12 List included a few from here at the Shore:
- Gateway National Recreation Area at Sandy Hook
- New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail which runs the length of the Jersey Shore
- New Jersey Pinelands National Reserve which covers interior sections of Ocean, Monmouth and Burlington Counties
Here are some other areas around the State, that you may wanna visit this Autumn
- Paterson Great Falls
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- The Lower Delaware National Wild & Scenic River
- Great Egg Harbor River
- Appalachian Trail
- Morristown National Historical Park
- Washington-Rochambeau National Historic Trail
The National Park Service marked its centennial this Summer.
Have you visited any of the parks we've mentioned ? Which is your favorite and why ?