National Bagel Day! Who Has the Best Bagels at the Jersey Shore? [OPINION]
Today (1/15) is National Bagel Day and the folks from National Today have put together some fantastic "bagel" facts.
- AMERICA'S TOP 5 BAGEL FLAVORS ARE...1. Plain
3. Cinnamon Raisin
- MORE THAN 354 MILLION BAGELS WERE SOLD IN 2018
- THE AVERAGE PERSON EATS 11 BAGELS PER YEAR
- The Top 5 Most Bagel-Eating Cities (based on grocery store sales) are #1: Los Angeles, #2: New York, #3: Chicago, #4: Boston, and #5: Baltimore/Washington DC.
- Though historians have long debated (de-bageled?) the origin of bagels, most agree they originated in Krakow, Poland in 1610.
I will have to say my favorite bagels come from our friends at "Oh What a Bagel" on Rt 9 in Bayville and Lanoka Harbor. They have been our "official" bagel shop at 92.7 WOBM for many years and I enjoy all there tasty treats. I usually grab an egg bagel with their vegetable cream cheese!
WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE BAGEL SPOT in Ocean and Monmouth Counties?