Memorial Day Weekend BBQ Tips
For us here at Jersey Shore the "unofficial" start of the BBQ season is Memorial Day Weekend ... So here are some tips to help as we get outdoors and kick-off Summer 2015 (Unofficially) Courtesy of the Detroit Free Press/Susan Selasky
- If your grill has been hibernating all winter, give it a good cleaning: scrub the grates and clean the outside and inside of the grill. I'll be doing that this week, prior to the weekend.
- If using a gas grill, make sure the tank is full.
- Make sure you have all your equipment clean and ready to go: grate cleaning brushes, long-handled tongs and spatulas and an instant read thermometer.
- Always preheat the grill at least 15 minutes before using.
- Oil grates to prevent food from sticking. Use a wad of paper towel soaked in vegetable or canola oil and be sure to hold it with tongs.
- Clean grates after preheating. If you don't have a grill brush to clean the grates, wad up some foil and, holding it with tongs, scrub any leftover residue on the grates.