31 Ways To Celebrate Halloween in Ocean County
So many people think that when the summer ends, so does fun, but there are so many awesome things to do throughout October in and around Ocean County. Whether you're looking for a family-friendly hayride or an adults-only haunted house, there's something for everyone.
In no particular order, here are 31 ways to celebrate Halloween in and around Ocean County:
1. Go to Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure
2. Tired of the ordinary candy? Visit a local candy shop for uniquely sweet treats.
3. Get lost in a local corn maze.
4. Pick a pumpkin from a local patch and carve a jack o'lantern.
5. Join the Teal Pumpkin Project and paint a pumpkin teal.
6. Try a local Trunk or Treat.
7. Watch or participate in the Toms River Halloween Parade.
8. Visit a spooky house... haunted or not? You decide.
10. "Boo" a neighbor, or your whole neighborhood.
11. Head to Holmdel and get "Scared in Jersey"
12. See "Dracula" at the Strand Theatre.
13. You made it past Friday the 13th, but you should still avoid these unlucky Ocean County spots!
14. Buy Christmas decorations. Wait, what? Ugh.
15. Visit the Camp Evans Base of Terror.
16. Have your home or office investigated by our Ocean County Paranormal team.
17. Head to the City of Love for THE GLOW: A Jack O'Lantern Experience.
18. Enter the "Dark Carnival" at Blackbeard's Cave... if you dare.
19. Slither on down to "Scary Rotton Farms".
20. Grab an apple cider donut from your favorite Ocean County donut shop.
21. Visit a location that might ACTUALLY be haunted!
22. Look for the Jersey Devil in the Pine Barrens. And let us know if you find it!
23. Find a spooky neighborhood Halloween display.
24. Watch "Hocus Pocus" at Barnegat's Halloween drive-in!
25. Take part in the "Monster Dash" run in Point Pleasant.
26. Watch Toms River South students paint Toms River spooky.
27. Show us your retro Halloween.
28. Get scared at H & M Potter School's Terror in the Halls.
29. Adopt a beautiful black cat.
30. Wear one the best costumes of 2017!
31. Head to Robert J. Novins Planetarium for an awesome Fright Light laser show.
Whatever you choose to do this Halloween, be sure to stay safe!
More from WOBM's Halloween Headquarters: