These Things Test My Patience
So what is worse, a lack of patience or a lack of caring by those causing you to lose your patience? Let me cite a few examples that I’ve personally experienced and I would guess some of you have as well:
- Trying to call a company or business and talk with a live English-speaking operator without having to go through a dozen automated messages. I went through this last week when trying to reach customer service at my local cable company…I gave up after two calls but my wife finally got though after a long wait. I asked her how she did it and her response was “I just kept pressing buttons on the phone and somehow got an operator.”
- I’m a fan of using the drive-thru at a variety of food and drink places, especially because I’ve been dealing with back, hip and foot issues for a while. Can we do something about those that are just lazy and take 5 minutes to place a huge order at the window? I mean there I am looking to order coffee and I’m behind someone who is ordering a dozen donuts one at a time.
- Those who intentionally violate the number of items in an express line. We are all in a hurry.
- Many of us seem to use our phones for just about everything. I lose my patience when I am prompted to do something on my phone that is not clear and leaves me in total limbo.
- Waiting in line. For anything!
I could go on but you get the point.
Toms River Then and Now
Gallery Credit: Sue Moll