Movers & shakers sought for Brick Township advisory boards
BRICK TOWNSHIP - Elected and appointed officials, set to lead Brick Township into 2018, are all in place. Who will guide their decisions, on matters from development to environment to ethics? Mayor John Ducey and the Township Council seek members for seven authorities, commissions and boards.
"These boards not only play an important role in shaping our community, they offer citizens the opportunity to give back and help move Brick Township forward," Ducey said.
"I encourage any person interested in serving our community to send their resume to my office this week. Every person will be considered and we will make every effort to make sure everyone who would like to serve has the opportunity to do so."
Interested residents should e-mail resumes and cover letters to the Mayor's office no later than December 14. The Mayor says that they'll give every effort to matching applicants to the boards they seek to join, but that space availability might not allow it in every instance.
- Environmental Commission - is responsible for the protection, development and use of natural resources, including water resources located within the township.
- Brick Township Housing Authority - The Brick Housing Authority administers both a public housing and Section 8 housing voucher program.
- Historic Preservation Commission - works to encourage the use, restoration and preservation of historic structures in Brick Township.
- Sustainable Brick - works with the township staff to create and support policies, events and activities that support and encourage sustainability.
- Board of Adjustment - primary function is to review and decide on applications for a variance.
- Ethics Committee - receives and reviews ethical questions or complaints alleging that the conduct of any local government officer or employee serving the municipality is in conflict with the Code of Conduct, or applicable ethical standard.
- Brick Township Municipal Utilities Authority - The BTMUA is responsible for delivering clean, safe potable water and reliable sewage collection services to customers.
More from the Shore: