20 Rules To Live By
I was looking for a photo that was saved on my phone and came across something from a couple of years ago. I have no recollection of where I saw it and where it originated from but the fact that I saved it meant it resonated with me. I don’t even know the title but let’s call it “20 Rules To Live By”:
- Compliment three people every day.
- Watch a sunrise at least once a year.
- Be the first to say, “Hello.”
- Live beneath your means.
- Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
- Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen.
- Forget the Joneses.
- Never deprive someone of hope. It may be all he has.
- Pray not for things, but for wisdom and courage.
- Be tough-minded but tenderhearted.
- Be kinder than necessary.
- Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
- Keep your promises.
- Learn to show cheerfulness, even when you don’t feel like it.
- Remember that overnight success usually takes about 15 years.
- Leave everything better than you found it.
- Remember that winners do what loser’s don’t want to do.
- When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone’s day.
- Don’t rain on other people’s parades.
- Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.