Welcome Back ‘Jack’ and Happy Birthday Bob!
It is the final day of summer which begs the question. Is the glass half-empty or half-full?
Sure I am sad to see my favorite time of year come to an end but part of me is looking forward to crisp fall-like weather where you have to throw on a sweat shirt at night. Of course you can still wear shorts and top-siders.
A few random notes and thoughts:
- It’s still bizarre to hear Seaside Park linked with New York City and Elizabeth in the same story about bombs and terrorism. Let’s hope it’s the last time.
- The more I think about it the more I believe the presidential debates could actually decide the winner in November. At the very least they could be nominated for an Emmy next year for best reality TV series.
- I have this feeling the Mets are going to lose 2-of-3 in Philadelphia to end the season and miss out on a playoff spot.
- Just two months before practice begins Central Regional has to replace girls basketball coach John Truhan who stepped down to become the top assistant at Caldwell University. Even though he has small feet Truhan leaves big shoes to fill.
- I am really looking forward to the new ABC Drama “Designated Survivor” which debuts tonight and stars Kiefer Sutherland. I just hope I’m not letting the hype get to me and will be let down by Sutherland, who as Jack Bauer saved the world numerous times when he starred in “24” which was great for many years.
- A lot can happen between now and October 21 but high school football fans are already talking about a potential classic between Toms River North and Middletown South who could both come into the game undefeated.
- If you’re in the area tomorrow night come out and support a fundraiser at Sundaes in South Toms River from 6-10pm. It’s for the Toms River South Boys’ Soccer team who by the way is off to a 5-0 start.
- I actually feel bad about Brangelina coming to an end but I guess 12 years in Hollywood is a pretty good run.
- Happy Birthday Bob Levy! Still kicking and still talking on Sunday mornings!