Toss That Toxic Junk At Five Spots In Ocean County
Chemicals, motor oil, bug sprays…whatever is lying around the basement, crawlspace, attic or garage, your chance to clear it out is at hand in Ocean County.
The county’s spring household hazardous waste collection schedule runs from May 17 through 26, at sites in Berkeley, Brick, Jackson and Stafford Townships and Point Pleasant Beach.
The drive is open to residents only. That means no businesses, school boards or government agencies.
You can bring up to 200 pounds of dry material and 20 gallons of liquid. Just be sure that the liquid is in containers no larger than five gallons each. With the exception of oil and gasoline, all materials should be in their original containers.
Acceptable waste items include house and boat paints, thinners, solvents, pool chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, aerosol cans, car car products, toilet and drain cleaners, silver polish, oven cleaners, photography chemicals, rug and upholstery cleaning solutions, bleaches, waste oil and used gasoline.
Collection dates and sites:
- May 17 – Point Pleasant Beach Municipal Parking Lot, Arnold and Ocean Avenues, 11 AM to 5 PM.
- May 18 – Brick Township, Drum Point Sports Complex, 41 Drum Point Road, 11 AM to 5 PM.
- May 19 – Jackson Township Public Works Garage, 10 Don C0nnor Boulevard, 9 AM to 3 PM.
- May 25 – Berkeley Township Public Works Garage, Pinewald-Keswick Road, 11 AM to 5 PM.
- May 26 – Stafford Township Public Works Garage, 320 Haywood Road, 9 AM to 3 PM.
Collection services are free, but registration is required and it’s first-come, first-served. Call:
- Point Pleasant Beach, Berkeley Township: 732-367-0802.
- Brick and Jackson Townships: 732-506-5047.
- Stafford Township: 609-978-0913.