Stay Interesting My Friend
Working in radio as I have for over three decades you become very aware of commercials, good and bad.
I have become a big fan of the advertising campaign for Dos Equis beer in which actor Jonathan Goldsmith is featured as “The Most Interesting Man in the World.” I actually like the radio commercials better because they are longer and more descriptive without the use of visuals. Each time I hear a new one I laugh at some of the quotes used to describe what makes the character so interesting and here are just a few:
• Both sides of his pillow are cool.
• Mosquitoes refuse to bite him…out of respect.
• Cuba imports cigars from him.
• He never says anything tastes like chicken…not even chicken.
• Even his enemies list him as their emergency contact.
• When he drives a new car off the lot, it increases in value.
• His passport requires no photograph.
• Panhandlers give him money.
• Once while sailing around the world, he discovered a short cut.
• He tips an astonishing 100%.
• If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the urge to thank him.
• His business card simply says “I’ll call you.”
• In museums he is allowed to touch the art.
• He is the life of parties he’s never attended.
• His blood smells like cologne.
• He once brought a knife to a gunfight, just to even the odds.
• The police often question him just because they find him interesting.
• If he were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there.
• He is left-handed and right-handed.
• His shirts never wrinkle.
• He lives vicariously through himself.
• He once taught a German Sheppard how to bark in Russian.
• He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels.
• He has won the Lifetime Achievement Award…twice.
• Sharks have a week dedicated to him.
STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS