School buses and a BlueClaws playoff run welcome fall
First of all a welcome back to those of you whose listening habits change during the summer when school is not in session. I clearly missed you more than you missed me and I’m glad we’ll be once again sharing these two minutes or so.
You might have noticed that my time has been changed as I can be heard each weekday morning at 6:45 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. Of course the written version of the Hometown View is always available at wobm.com.
That ends today’s housekeeping issues so here’s a few random middle-of-the-week notes:
- I would venture to say that the most asked question yesterday between say 3-5pm was “how was your first day of school?’ I hope most of your kids said “good” and the same for teachers who were asked that question by their spouses.
- The start of the school year means the return of school buses which could make your commute a bit longer if you get behind one. More importantly drivers need to pay attention, especially in local neighborhoods and around bus stops. You need to watch out for kids because they are not likely watching out for you.
- The fall sports season gets into full swing this week and it looks like football, soccer and field hockey teams will be dealing with some hot weather for their games, especially on Friday & Saturday.
- Did you know the Lakewood BlueClaws are in the playoffs for the first time since 2010? The BlueClaws begin their quest for a fourth South Atlantic League Championship against the Hagerstown Suns. Game #1 in the best-of-three Northern Division Series is tonight at FirstEnergy Park at 7pm. It’s the only guaranteed home playoff game and tickets are available at blueclaws.com or at the box office tonight.
- I’ve now gone three weeks without once mentioning the presidential candidates. Let’s see how long I can keep the streak alive.
- Have nice over-the-hump day!