Fire that consumed a house in Brick Township early today is deemed accidental, and traced to an electrical outlet.


According to township police, officers at the East View Drive dwelling found it filled with smoke by the time they arrived, shortly after receiving a report at 8:02 AM.

Police did not specify the number of occupants, but said that all people and pets were evacuated while the Breton Woods and Pioneer Hose fire companies quelled the flames and smoke.

A township detective and Fire Marshal Frank Beshears concluded that the blaze was triggered by an electrical outlet in the enclosed back porch.

Sign Up For The WOBM Newsletter