Is this Really the Worst Christmas Song?
Esquire is doing a lot of "bah-hum-blogging" with their list of the Top 10 Worst Christmas Songs Ever Recorded. I'm warning you now, the inclusion of a few songs on this list is criminal.
It's important to repeat that this is Esquire's list.
- Paul McCartney & Wings, "Wonderful Christmas Time" (are you freakin' kidding me? This is the WORST Christmas song ever recorded? You do realize you're talking about a Beatle here, right? Shame on you Esquire)
- Lady Gaga, "Christmas Tree" (not horrible, but there are far worse)
- The Jackson 5, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (timeless and should not be on this list)
- Pussycat Dolls, "Santa Baby" (no arguments here)
- Justin Bieber, "Mistletoe" (see #4)
- Band Aid, "Do They Know It's Christmas" (by now we know this list is complete BS, so I'll just keep shaking my head)
- The Killers, "Don't Shoot Me Santa" (eh)
- Tiny Tim, "Santa Claus Has Got the AIDS" (yeah! - they got one correct!)
- She & Him, "Baby It's Cold Outside" (never heard this version)
- Bruce Springsteen, "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (ok, Esquire...why don't you stick to "fashion" and leave the music to people who have a clue. Good luck explaining this choice to New Jersey)
This is my selection for the worst Christmas song ever recorded.
LOOK: 15 Unconventional Christmas Albums From the Past 50 Years
Enter your number to get our free mobile app