What Every HS Senior’s Mom Is Thinking
It’s a race to the finish line for high school seniors, most of whom only have a little more than three months before graduation. For parents it’s a time filled with stress over things like final college choice, scholarship applications, making sure their child graduates and even prom weekend.
All of that and more prompted a parent to post a blog a few years back on Grown & Flown titled “What Every High School Senior’s Mom Is Thinking.” Here is a shortened version:
- Seriously, you’re failing art?
- Is it too early to start packing their crap for college?
- No, I’m not buying you a new backpack now. Or ever again.
- Wait, how much are prom tickets?
- He was just in kindergarten last month
- Oh, you cracked your phone? This time you replace it.
- That’s fine, I don’t want to talk to you either. And also, when you have a major problem at college this fall, I’m going to remember this moment.
- He was just in kindergarten last month.
- With the money I’m going to save on groceries when you leave, I’m getting Botox.
- Wait, how much is your dorm deposit?
- He was just in 5th grade last week.
- I am sure going to miss these days! NOT
- I am so done parenting right now, I can see why mama birds literally push babies out with zero hesitation.
- He was just a freshman like yesterday.
- Don’t try to hug him too much over the next couple of months.
- You just got detention? Give me a break!
- I am so damn proud of this kid. And now I get to do it all over again with his younger siblings. Lord help me.
Foods That Should NEVER Go On Pizza -- No Matter WHAT!
We've seen pineapple, now pickles....what else could go wrong? Let's avoid it before it happens.