Wednesday Thoughts From A Child’s Energy To The Miserable Mets
- Someone needs to come up with a way to bottle the energy of a child and then give it to us as we get older. Our grandson Carter, who turns 4 next month, stayed with us for three days last week and his motor does not stop until he goes to sleep. He is funny, smart and curious and remembers just about everything so if you’re going to try and bribe him you better come through. As we often say with grandkids one of the best parts is eventually they go home to their parents.
- Ice cream is so much better when the weather warms up. I tell you that from personal experience. I need to do a taste test this summer of all the places in the area because there are plenty of them.
- Memorial Day weekend is traditionally a time when Major League Baseball teams and their fans take a serious look at the standings and draw some conclusions. I will save the Mets a week or two of analysis and simply suggest they bring up Ronny Mauricio and Mark Vientos from the minors and give them a shot because they are virtually unwatchable right now.
- The 25th Annual Barry Brett Memorial Charity Golf Outing is set for next Wednesday (May 24) at Gambler Ridge Golf Course. Sponsored by the National Treasury Employees Union to raise funds for the American Cancer Society, the all-day event includes breakfast, golf & cart, dinner and an awards ceremony for just $100. Call John Kelshaw at 732-604-5738 for information and registration.
- The Quinn-Hopping & Anderson & Campbell Funeral Homes are hosting the first Public Servants Appreciation Day for local police, firefighters and EMS workers. A picnic will be held TODAY from 11am-4pm at Quinn Hopping on Mule Road in Toms River to celebrate and honor those who keep us safe. They are invited to stop by and grab something to eat at any point during that time.
Paul Simon and Simon & Garfunkel Albums Ranked
He was always an uneasy folksinger, a role his record company tried to push him into starting with Simon & Garfunkel's debut.