Top 10 Things I Truly Love About Summer
If you read this segment with any regularity you know that the beach is my happy place and it’s what I will miss most once I put my Tommy Bahama chair away for what will seem like an endless period of time.
However it is not the only thing I truly love about summer and here are ten others:
- Next to the beach itself this might be the worst part because as summer fades so does daylight. Who doesn’t like those long days of sunlight when after dinner you can still do things outside.
- Holiday weekends. Memorial Day, sort of July 4th and Labor Day all within 98 days makes for extended breaks in the work week.
- Bikinis. Sure will miss them on the beach. No need to elaborate.
- While on the subject: clothes. I have only worn long pants three times since mid-June and have gone sockless that entire period. Summer is meant for cool, casual and light clothing and shoes with bright colors and I dread the thought of sweaters, coats and yes, socks.
- I know you can grill 12 months a year but there’s something about cooking on the grill with a cold beer in your hand while it’s still light out.
- My favorite place to read is at the beach and I read six books this summer and probably won’t get through another one for the next nine months.
- Ice cream. I don’t have it often but I can tell you this. It tastes better in July then in January.
- If ever a spot was meant for summer it’s baseball and while I know the season is not over for some of you as a Mets fan it’s time to think about next year.
- Not getting behind a school bus when I’m running late. No need to explain as you know the frustration.
- Being tan. I know sun can damage your skin and it’s not for everyone but I just feel so much better when I’m tan especially my feet. In full disclosure I go to the dermatologist every six months and so far, so good.
I know fall is wonderful as well and I can come up with a list of my ten favorite things but it will take a lot longer.