A Toms River woman suffered extensive burns to her face, torso and thighs after a can of nonstick spray exploded while she was cooking on the stovetop at her Almond Drive home causing super-heated liquid and flames to spill on the 46-year old.

Greenspan Warns Of Danger Of High Natural Gas Prices
Getty Images

Emergency crews responded to the home Friday afternoon around 5:30 pm and met the woman on the front porch and Office Anthony Paciulli saw heavy smoke coming from the house.

The flames that caused her burns also ignited a small fire in the kitchen which crews were able to quickly put out.

The woman was treated by the Silverton Volunteer EMS as the Silverton Fire Department arrived to extinguish the flames.

She was transported to a burn center by medevac helicopter.

Detective James Carey, of the Toms River Police Department and Arson Detective Thomas Haskell from the Ocean County Prosecutors Office are conducting the investigation with assistance from Investigator Domenick Roseli of the Toms River Bureau of Fire Prevention.

More From WOBM:

More From 92.7 WOBM