New Jersey is the 4th Worst State to Retire in According to a New Survey
New Jersey is the 4th worst State to retire in, only Rhode Island, New Mexico and Kentucky are worse when it comes to retirement in the United States. The survey from Wallethub, analyzed various factors when coming up with their list. No surprise but the "best" State to retire in is Florida....according to their research.
WalletHub compared all 50 states across 47 key metrics with the data ranging from adjusted cost of living to weather to quality of public hospitals.
Here is how New Jersey Ranked in some surveys:
- 42nd – Adjusted Cost of Living
- 31st – Annual Cost of In-Home Services
- 38th – WalletHub ‘Taxpayer’ Ranking
- 37th – Elderly-Friendly Labor Market
- 30th – % of Population Aged 65 & Older
- 46th – Health-Care Facilities per Capita
Do YOU agree with this survey? Is the Garden State a tough place to retire?