Here’s What I’m Tired Of…
In a conversation the other day somebody asked me a question, “What are you most tired of?” On the surface it’s a fairly simple question but not one so easy to answer.
Without thinking I responded, “I’m tired of being tired” which in my case reflects more than 40 years of getting up around 3:30 in the morning, working many long days and living on well under the 8 hours of sleep that is recommended.
But with some thought and reflection my answer might have been very different:
- I’m tired of COVID-19 and living in a pandemic world. Of course we all could go on and on about this and yes were are tired of it and desperate to find a vaccine that gets our lives somewhat back to normal
- I’m tired of Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and all the other blowhards in Washington who insist they are representing the people when it truth they only represent the interests of their party
- I’m tired of selfish people who only care about themselves.
- I’m tired of worrying about the world we are leaving for our children and grandchildren.
- I’m tired of rooting for another Mets miracle that is not coming.
- I’m tired of checking my Jersey Cash 5 numbers each morning and realizing that after more than 10 years they are probably not coming in.
- I’m tired of leadership that feels the answer to every budget problem in New Jersey is to raise taxes on things we need and use on a regular basis while ignoring the cause of those problems.
- I’m tired of waiting for the phone call from the director of a Hallmark Christmas movie asking me to play an important part in an upcoming film.
- I’m tired of those that don’t respect law enforcement which yes needs to do better!
- I’m tired of hatred based solely on someone’s outside appearance.
- I’m tired of waiting for Jennifer Anniston to ask me on a date. I’m sure my wife could not care if she did.
- I’m tired of news outlets that no longer report the news but basically slant it to reflect their viewpoints. Walter Cronkite must be rolling over in his grave.
- I’m tired of John Sterling’s home run calls on Yankees radio broadcasts.
And yes I know you’re tired of my daily commentaries. See, we have something in common.