Fear Not: Churches across Diocese of Trenton offering virtual mass
While a necessary precaution to keep everyone safe and at home during the Covid-19 pandemic, many Catholics are feeling the vacancy in their hearts every weekend with not being able to attend Sunday mass especially here during the season of Lent, a time of reflection and an opportunity to change for the better.
Many churches across the Diocese of Trenton have already begun to livestream their daily and weekend masses on their websites and social media platforms and the list continues to grow so now you can still attend mass, it's just in your living room now and without receiving the Sacred Eucharist.
Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M., has announced that he will celebrate Mass for the Fifth Sunday of Lent, March 29 at 11 a.m. which can be viewed at DioceseofTrenton.org and facebook.com/TheCatholicDioceseofTrenton/
During the Mass, the Bishop will celebrate the Scrutinies, which are an essential step in the journey of the Elect, those adult men and women in parish Rite of Christian Initiation of Adult processes, who are preparing to receive the Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Confirmation and First Eucharist.
Throughout the counties of the Diocese (Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean Counties) parishes will offer livestreaming of Masses for their communities.
Here are the readings for this weekend so you can following along at mass.
The following Jersey Shore parishes have reported their livestream schedules:
• St. Anthony of Padua, Red Bank, 4 p.m. Mass on Saturday and 5 p.m. Misa en español el sábado. Stations of the Cross streamed on Fridays at 7 p.m. Bilingual daily Masses streamed at 8 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The parish’s schedule of Holy Week liturgies include: April 9, Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 p.m. (bilingual); April 10, Good Friday Service of the Lord’s Passion at 3 p.m., Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. (English), and 7:45 (Spanish); April 11, Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil at 7 p.m. (English); April 12, Easter Sunday Mass at 10 a.m. (English) and noon (Spanish).
• Nativity Parish, Fair Haven. Father James Grogan, pastor, said private Masses will be celebrated Monday through Saturday at 8 a.m., followed by Eucharistic Adoration until noon each day. The 8 a.m. Mass may be viewed by clicking on this link: https://video.nest.com/live/1Iw5QKCrC9. Adoration is also streamed, and the church is open for visits and prayer from 8:30 to noon, Monday through Saturday. On Sundays, only the 9:30 a.m. Mass will be livestreamed.
• St. Benedict Parish, Holmdel, livestreams weekday Masses, Monday-Saturday, at 9 a.m. On weekends, the 5 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass and 8 a.m. Sunday Mass are livestreamed.
• St. Catharine-St. Margaret, Spring Lake, is livestreaming Masses at noon, Monday-Friday; 5 p.m. on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. To view, visit https://www.stcatharine-stmargaret.org/live-stream/
• St. Catherine Laboure Parish, Middletown, will livestream all private Masses on the parish Facebook page which can be viewed by clicking here. The Masses will then l be available on Youtube and posted to the parish website, STCATHEK.org.
• Our Lady of Fatima, Keyport,on Facebook group, Saturday at 4 p.m. in English, Sunday at 9 a.m. in English, Domingo a las 10:30 a.m. en español, Wednesday 6:30 PM bilingual exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
• Christ the King, Long Branch, Sunday Masses: 9 a.m. (portugues); 10:30 a.m. (English); 12 p.m. (español) on Fr. Javier Díaz' Youtube channel
• St. Rose Parish, Belmar, will livestream Masses on the homepage of the parish website Saturdays at 5 p.m.; Sundays at 11:30 a.m. and daily Mass Monday through Friday at 9 a.m. To view, click here.
• St. Catharine Parish, Holmdel, recorded Mass for March 22, the Fourth Sunday of Lent, on the parish YouTube channel, https://youtu.be/0X2piF0Ly7o. The link is also posted to the parish website, stcatharine.net.
• St. Joseph Parish, Toms River, will livestream the 9 a.m. daily Mass Monday-Saturday. On Sundays, the 10:30 a.m. Mass in English and the 5 p.m. Mass in Spanish will also be livestreamed. 5 p.m. Misa en español el domingo.
St. Luke Parish, Toms River, will livestream the 11 am Sunday mass on their Facebook page.
• Visitation Parish, Brick, will livestream the parish's chapel Masses, Monday-Friday at 7:30 a.m.; Saturday at 8:15 a.m., and Sunday at 9 a.m. The parish is also planning to live-stream Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper, April 9, 7:30 p.m. (The Mass will be livestreamed only but will not be available for viewing afterward). Also, there will be livestreaming on April 10, Good Friday, the Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion at 3 p.m.; the Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday at 8 p.m., and Mass on Easter Sunday at 9 a.m. To view, click here.
• St. Aloysius Parish, Jackson, will livestream daily Mass, Monday-Friday, at 9 a.m. from the parish's Our Lady of Lourdes Virtual Chapel. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be livestreamed daily at 3 p.m. and includ recitation of the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Weekend Masses will be livestreamed at 5 p.m. on Saturday and at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. The Masses will be archived for viewing throughout the day. Stations of the Cross will be available on Fridays. Visit the parish website, www.saintaloysiusonline.org to view Masses and read about other prayer opportunities.The Rites of Holy Week will also be livestreamed.
• St. Martha Parish, Point Pleasant, is posting Sunday Mass, with the exception of Palm Sunday, on YouTube. The YouTube link can be viewed on the parish website, www.saintmartha.net
• St. John Parish, Lakehurst will livestream Masses and the Easter Triduum on St. John's YouTube channel. This includes daily Mass, Monday to Saturday, at 8 a.m.; recitation of the Rosary on Sunday at 9 a.m. followed by Sunday Mass at 9:20 a.m.
• St. Monica Parish, Jackson, will livestream Holy Week and Easter liturgies on the parish website at http://www.saintmonica.com. The schedule will be: Palm Sunday, April 5 at 11 a.m. only; Holy Thursday, April 9 at 7 p.m.; Good Friday Stations of the Cross, April 10 at 3 p.m.; Easter Vigil, April 11 at 8 p.m., and Easter Sunday, April 12 at 11a.m. only.
Epiphany Parish, Brick, will livestream the 10:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday on the parish Facebook page at Church of Epiphany, Brick, Facebook: 10:30 Sunday Mass
• St. Barnabas Parish, Bayville, continues to livestream daily Masses and Sunday Masses on the parish website, https://stbarnabasbayville.com/ YouTube page, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o6dPXdwIn_JCegc5bTnIw/featured and Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stbarnabas.bayville.
Misas trasmitidas en español:
• San Antonio de Padua, Red Bank, Misa en español a las 5pm el sábado. También, transmitirá la Vía Crucis los viernes a las 7pm y una Misa bilingue a las 8am los lunes, miércoles, y viernes.
• Cristo Redentor, Mount Holly, Misa diaria 9 am; Sábado a las 5pm; Domingo 8am; 3/29, 10 a.m.; 4/5, 10 a.m.; 4/9 (Jueves Santo), 6 p.m.; 4/10 (Viernes Santo), 3 p.m.; 4/11 (Vigilia Pascual), 6 p.m.; 4/12 (Pascua), 10 a.m.