25 Ways To Celebrate The Holidays in Ocean County
The holiday season is upon us and there's no shortage of events & activities to keep the whole family entertained this December. In no particular order, check out 25 ways to celebrate Christmas in Ocean County.
1. Six Flags Great Adventure Holiday in the Park is back, and better than ever!
2. Nothing warms the heart like giving back. Consider donating to a local charity. If you're unsure where to donate, stay tuned for Shawn & Sue's Making Miracle's Radiothon to benefit Children's Miracle Network and Children's Specialized Hospital in Toms River this December 6th & 7th.
3. Santa Claus is coming to town... by way of boat! That's right, welcome the "big buy" in as he arrives in style in Barnegat Light on November 24th.
4. Get your holiday binge on. Not sure what Christmas flicks are available this year? Check out our Christmas Couch Potato Guide.
5. Sponsor a family for Big Brothers Big Sisters Secret Santa program for the local children that they serve.
6. Attend a tree lighting in your town or a nearby town.
7. Win Christmas Cash! We're giving you three chances to win up to $5,000 every weekday through Nov. 22.
8. Drive up to Tinton Falls and check out this one of kind ice sculpture walk-thru.
9. Shop local! And while you're out, be sure to pick up the hottest toys of 2017.
10. See Santa at the Ocean County Mall.
11. Too busy to see him in person? Track Santa from the comfort of your own home.
12. Watch the 2017 Reindeer Cam.
13. Attend an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, or new for 2017, an Ugly Christmas Rompers Party?
14. Drive around town and admire everyone's Christmas lights, and partake in everyone's favorite debate: string lights or laser lights?
15. Speaking of laser lights, check out the "Wonders of our Seasonal Sky" show at the Robert J. Novins Planetarium!
16. After you're done with space, go underwater for Jenkinson's Sea of Lights Indoor Holiday Lights Spectacular.
17. It's not December without a trip to the Winding River Skating Center.
18. Support your local team at the 2017 WOBM Christmas Classic in Toms River!
19. Once that snow hits the ground, head to your favorite sledding spot in Ocean County!
20. Speaking of the white stuff, be sure you keep it with Ocean County Stormwatch when winter weather hits!
21. It wouldn't be the holidays without CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Tune in to 92.7 WOBM for our first Holiday Music Weekend on Black Friday. Take us wherever you go by downloading the 92.7 WOBM app.
22. When it comes to Christmas music, who is the best band in around? See the Trans-Siberian Orchestra this December!
23. Vote for your favorite Ocean County High School Chorus in Shawn & Sue's Christmas Chorus Contest! Which school will take home the Tinsel Trophy this year?
24. Give a shelter pet in need a Christmas miracle!
25. As commercialized as Christmas has become, it can still be the most magical time of the year. Spread cheer wherever you go, because as divided as our world has become in recent years, we need it. Good tidings to you, wherever you are.
More from WOBM: