Howell home uninhabitable from Monday fire
Investigative details of a Monday home fire in Howell reveal the source of the inferno was a an electric heater that had become ablaze.
Residents inside told police they became aware of it after smelling something burning.
Howell Police say a 73-year old male and 55-year old female and their 31-year old son and a dog escaped unharmed before police arrived to see flames dispersing from the home.
However the home is now uninhabitable due to extensive damage sustained in the fire.
A Jackson firefighter who was in the area visiting some family heard the fire broadcast over the radio and assisted in emergency response and helped ensure the safety of the people inside.
Fire Departments from Freewood Acres, Southard and Adelphia along with Howell OEM and the Howell Fire Bureau all responded to the scene.
Howell Fire Bureau will be investigating the Monday blaze.
More From WOBM: