How Do Moms REALLY Feel About Back-To-School?
Back- to- school is a busy time for families, especially moms. Kids may be the ones heading back to books and homework, but according to Plum District, moms go through a big transition at this time as well. Plum District recently surveyed its members to uncover how moms feel and what they really want during back to school season. The survey found some surprising discoveries. Among other things, the survey revealed that back to school takes a toll more on mom than the kids; she is the saddest family member when school starts and she feels some stress as she finds herself juggling even more activities and duties. Among the findings:
- 39% of moms feel excited, yet another 26% feel relieved.
- 40% of moms say they are the MOST sad family member, followed by the kids at 33% – and the dog at 21%.
- The top reason mom is worried about her kids going back to school is surprisingly not bullying (that’s No. 2) – it’s whether or not her kids have a good teacher.
- 54% of moms say they are likely to cry on the first day of school.
- 57% will likely tuck a hidden note into their kids’ bags.
I'm thinking I'm in the percentage where it becomes more hectic. With fall comes gymnastics and other activities. But I know how excited she is about going back to school. So that makes this Mom happy!