You Know You’re Getting Older When…
I’ve talked often this past year about how consumed I am with TIME and how fast it seems to go, especially as I get older. The more I try to slow things down the faster it seems to go and I realize there is nothing I can do about that.
A while back I did a segment that was based on something a friend of mine sent me about getting older (I seem to get a lot of those things these days) and today seems like a good time to bring it back.
In truth these are probably best suited for those a bit older than me but clearly I am closer to this then I would like to believe.
So you know you’re getting older when:
- Your kids are becoming you but your grandchildren are perfect. (Last time that did not apply. Now it does and it’s true).
- Going out is good. Coming home is better!
- You forget names but that’s okay because some people forgot they even knew you.
- You realize you’re never going to be really good at anything like golf.
- You sleep better in a lounge chair with the TV on then in bed. It’s called “pre-sleep.”
- You miss the days when everything worked with just an ON and OFF switch.
- You tend to use more four letter words like…”what?”…”when?”
- What used to be freckles are now liver or aging spots.
- Everybody seems to whisper.
- You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet, two of which you will never wear.
Of course old is good in some things. old songs, old movies and best of all old friends!
And I close with this thought that applies to all of us regardless of age. Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, yet the youngest you’ll ever be, so enjoy the day while it lasts.
HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND!