The probe of a 2011 home-invasion robbery spree that left one victim dead inside his burning house grows to ensnare two new defendants.

Townsquare Digital

Ranu Sinha, 36, of Manalapan, and Ellis W. Goodson, 38, of Neptune, face a lengthy list of charges as suspected accomplices to Jeffrey Mayhue and Richard Busby of Newark.

Investigators from the office of acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Chris Gramiccioni believe that the pair abetted Mayhue, 52, and former Asbury Park resident Busby, 58, at homes in Howell, Neptune Township and Freehold. They enterred not-guilty pleas in Monmouth County Superior Court today.

The Freehold incident ended with Michael Conway, then 42, murdered and his house torched, authorities said. They have not disclosed how a homicide determination was reached.

Sinha and Goodson are charged with three counts of first-degree robbery, one count of first-degree felony murder, and a total of five second-, third- and fourth-degree weapons-related counts.

Mayhue and Busby were indicted in November 2012 on counts of murder, felony murder, robbery, conspiracy, aggravated arson and weapons possession charges for the incident in Conway's house.

The robberies began May 14, when Mayhue allegedly entered a Howell Township home with a handgun, bound the occupants and took what was described as a "large sum of money." Sinha and Goodson are charged as accomplices.

Investigators said that on July 31, all four were involved in the robbery at Conway's home. Mayhue and Busby allegedly encountered Conway and his girlfriend inside the house, killed him and set the house on fire.

His girlfriend escaped through a window and ran to a nearby home, asking a neighbor to call 911, authorities said.

On September 8, Mayhue was subdued by occupants of a Neptune house he entered with what appeared to be a handgun, authorities said. He was indicted for armed robbery and possession of an imitation firearm. Sinha and Goodson are now charged in connection with this incident.

Conviction for either on the murder charge would leave them open to sentences of 30 years to life in prison, requirements to serve 85 percent of the time before parole eligibility, and five years of parole supervision after release.