Six Flags Just Announced Opening Day
Six Flags Great Adventure announced they finally have an opening day since the shut-down of the state because of Covid-19. It will be the first time Six Flags opens for the 2020 season.
As we try to get back to some kind of normal in New Jersey, this is a great step in Ocean County and New Jersey with Six Flags Great Adventure opening.
The World’s Ultimate Thrill Park has announced plans to open for the 2020 season. Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor will operate with reduced attendance levels and in preview mode beginning Friday, July 3rd, 2020.
The park will open to MEMBERS and SEASON PASS HOLDERS exclusively on July 3rd.
Six Flags Great Adventure will be open to the GENERAL PUBLIC beginning Saturday, July 4, 2020. The park will then gradually increase attendance levels throughout the month.
Six Flags Great Adventure will follow all safety measures and hygiene protocols, including several new advanced technology systems to protect guests and employees. CLICK HERE for more information.
Reopening procedures include:
Health Screenings for Guests and Team Members
- Contactless IR thermal imaging will be used to screen temperatures of guests and employees prior to entry;
- Individuals will be required to acknowledge and abide by the company’s health policies, which prohibit park entry if guests have recently been exposed to or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19;
- Following CDC guidelines, all guests over the age of two and all team members will be required to wear face masks covering the nose and mouth throughout their visit/work day.
- Masks will be available for sale at the front gate for any guest without one; and
- Masks will not be required on waterslides, water attractions, or in pools.
Strictly Enforced Social Distancing
- Easy to identify distance markers will be added in all park entry, ride, restroom, retail locations, and dining queue lines;
- Dining areas will be adjusted to allow ample space between seated parties;
- Guests will be separated by empty rows and/or seats on all roller coasters, rides, and attractions;
- Six-foot viewing areas will be marked for guests to observe game play while adhering to social distancing requirements;
- Advanced security screenings will enable touchless bag checks;
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
- Capacity at indoor venues and on some attractions, including the Wave Pool and Lazy River, will be reduced to meet social distancing requirements;
- Guests will be allowed to ride on a tube with family/group members, but will not be allowed to share a tube with those not in their immediate party; and
- A limited number of complimentary life jackets will be available upon request; however, families are encouraged to provide their own coast-guard approved life jackets for children under 42 inches, or those who are not strong swimmers. All Hurricane Harbor life jackets will be sanitized after every guest use.
Six Flags Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure was reintroduced May 30, 2020, following a seven-year hiatus. Due to its popularity and the ability for guests to social distance in their own vehicles, the Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure will remain operational until further notice.