The ferocious storm on Tuesday afternoon and early evening led to the closure of the Ocean County Mall.

An electrical fire sent Toms River Police and fire crews over to the Ocean County Mall Tuesday afternoon for "smoke conditional in the electric room", as confirmed by Chief Mitch Little to WOBM News.

Water from the storm Tuesday got into the electrical panels which caused an electrical fire, Kevin Esposito with the Toms River Office of Fire Prevention, tells WOBM News.

"Our office did investigate and found that the fire was due to water entering the electrical panels. The mall is back open as of this morning, all electrical issues have been isolated and crews are continuing to work on the necessary repairs" Esposito informed the WOBM newsroom. "Once they are done, there will be an inspection of all new panels and electrical wiring that was replaced.  No injuries were reported but the mall was evacuated during the fire but everyone has since re-opened as of early this afternoon."
More From The Jersey Shore: