Manchester Trick or Treat on Halloween, October 31
If Manchester is your home, costumed kids with goody bags to fill will ring your doorbell on Halloween Day, Monday, October 31.
The township's Trick or Treat is scheduled to run between 12 Noon and 9 PM, according to township police, who add some tips to keep the event safe and fun.
• Plan bright, reflective costumes.
• Be sure that shoes fit properly, and that costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement and contact with an open flame, and that vision is not obstructed.
• Adults should accompany children age 12 and younger.
• Plan your route and share it with family members.
• Carry a flashlight so you can be seen by others.
• If possible, stay in groups and walk on sidewalks. If no sidewalk is available, use the farthest edge of the roadway.
• Look both ways before crossing streets, and try to cross only at corners. Do not hide or cross between parked cars.
• Confine Trick or Treating to well-known neighborhoods, and visit homes with porch lights lit.
• Never enter a strange car or home to accept a treat.
• Be cautious of animals and strangers.
• Never eat unwrapped food items or drinks in open containers.
• Have an adult inspect your treats before eating them.
• If you see anything that seems suspicious or illegal, tell police immediately.
Manchester Township Police wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Halloween.