Man drowns in Jersey Shore backyard pool at 3 a.m.
BRIELLE — A man drowned in a backyard swimming pool early on Tuesday morning, the seventh reported lake or pool drowning in the state since July 1.
Police Chief Michael Palmer told New Jersey 101.5 the 22-year-old was an invited guest at the home on Shore Drive. The drowning happened around 3 a.m, according to Palmer.
The Asbury Park Press identified the owner of the home as Brielle Board of Education member Tedd Vitale.
Shore Drive is located off Riverview Drive near the Manasquan River
There have been a number of pool and lake drownings in July including two in the past 2 days.
- Monday: An 8-year-old Jersey City girl drowned in a Jackson swimming pool after falling in during a party
- Saturday: Bo Long, 51, of Livingston, drowned in Lake Hopatcong after he dived in water after his hat.
- July 21: Rashad Milfort, of Lauderhill, Florida, was identified on a GoFundMe page as the 23-year-old man who drowned in Lake Conway in Vernon.
- July 16: A 2-year-old toddler drowned in a Galloway swimming pool
- July 10: Kaylin Pahulick,4, of Levittown, Pennsylvania, died in a private, unguarded lake in Galloway.
- July 8: A 6-year-old Philadelphia girl drowned in a hotel pool in Wildwood.
There also have been several drownings and rescues involving swimmers who went into water at night.
Contact reporter Dan Alexander at Dan.Alexander@townsquaremedia.com.
More from New Jersey 101.5: