How to Make a Shamrock Shake at Home!
Shamrock Shakes are officially back on the menu at McDonald's for a limited time. But how'd you like to recreate them in your very own home anytime you like?
One of my favorite lifestyle bloggers, Emily Schuman of CupcakesandCashmere, and I must be on the same page this month. We both can't get enough of McDonald's legendary Shamrock Shake.
Luckily Emily, is saving me a trip to the drive-thru with her minty recipe to make the treat at home.
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 2 dashes of mint bitters (optional)
- Green food coloring
For Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a blender, combine all shake ingredients and process until thick and fully incorporated. Pour into glasses and stick in the freezer.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream until medium peaks form. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Remove the shakes from the freezer, top with whipped cream, and garnish with mint sprigs.
Enjoy! And, let me know how you like it, and if it lives up to the real thing. Personally, I think these come out REALLY well.