Is Sports Betting a Touchdown for New Jersey? [POLL]
"I am thrilled to see the Supreme Court finally side with New Jersey and strike down the arbitrary ban on sports betting imposed by Congress decades ago" ~ New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy
Supporters of sports gambling were happy yesterday as the U.S. Supreme Court threw out a federal ban on sports betting and opened the door for New Jersey to begin sports betting operations here in the Garden State. Initially it will be confined to Casinos and Racetracks.
Monmouth Park in Oceanport should become the first site for sports betting in New Jersey in just a matter of weeks
Here are some key talking points:
- Will the revenue help taxpayers?
- Will the addiction of gambling increase?
- Do you think more sports betting can affect professional sports integrity?
- Will sports betting help the State's casinos and racetracks?
- Will it provide more jobs?
- Will sports betting create many "new" gamblers?
Check Out Shawn & Sue's Latest Podcast