Christmas Tree Recycling in Several Ocean County Parks
Christmas tree recycling is so important.
Thanks to thesandpaper.net for the list of Ocean County Parks that are accepting Christmas trees. The Ocean County Parks are accepting trees now through January 31st, 2021. Here's the list:
• Cloverdale Farm County Park, 34 Cloverdale Rd., Barnegat Township
• Wells Mills County Park, 905 Route 532, Ocean Township
• Enos Pond County Park, 330 East Lacey Rd., Forked River
• Freedom Fields County Park, 1160 Route 539, Little Egg Harbor Township
• Tip Seaman County Park, 120 Lakeside Drive, Tuckerton
• A. Paul King County Park, 2 West Bay Ave., Stafford Township
• Ocean County Golf Course at Atlantis, 261 Country Club Blvd., Little Egg Harbor Township
Live Christmas trees only, please. Trees are also being accepted at the Ocean County Southern Recycling Center on Haywood Rd. in Manahawkin between 7:30 am to 3 pm, Monday through Saturday.
Ocean County Freeholder Deputy Director Gary Quinn, who serves as liaison to the Ocean County recycling program says, “We make every effort to make these programs convenient because recycling really does make a difference. I commend the numerous residents that embrace recycling as part of their daily lives and encourage everyone to participate.”
Christmas trees will be turned into wood chips and used in landscaping projects through park facilities. In the past recycled Christmas trees have also been used to help municipalities replenish their beach dunes.
"Thank you for recycling your Christmas trees."
Mornings On The Beach With Shawn & Sue