A Dozen Things A Winter-Hater Likes About The Season
One of the rare good things about winter Thinkstock
Now that cooler weather has arrived and winter is right around the corner I have to accept that socks are going to be necessary soon. I go sockless for as long as possible although as I have gotten older once the temperatures dips they become a necessary evil of the season.
While I could make an endless list of what I love about late spring, summer and most of fall I struggle to come up with what’s great about the colder months. Trying to be positive I have come up with things I do like about the time of year we are now entering and for the sake of the list I will not include anything to do with the Christmas season.
So here are a dozen reasons to at least like winter:
- Comfort food is very acceptable
- Sweaters cover your stomach
- The smell of a roaring fireplace
- Snuggling under warm blankets
- Sweat pants
- The feeling you get when you open the door and breathe in cold air
- Watching NFL Playoff Games in the snow.
- Never feeling obligated to go out if you don’t want to
- Binge watching shows on TV
- No mosquitos or flies to worry about
- Once you get past December 21 we gain daylight
- Taking a vacation to somewhere sunny and warm
Yes I could find more but that’s good for now.