2019’s Holiday Shipping Deadlines Are Approaching
As we rush headlong into the middle of December, 2019's shipping deadlines to get packages to their destinations in time for Christmas are quickly approaching.
Whether you have something that you plan to ship via the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx, or you're shopping online and need to make sure that your goodies get to you on time, Forbes put together a handy guide of 2019 shipping deadlines for major carriers.
Here are the key dates for the big shippers:
U.S. Postal Service
- Dec. 14: USPS Retail Ground shipments
- Dec. 18: Alaska to continental U.S. First-Class Mail
- Dec. 19: Hawaii to continental U.S. Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20: First-Class Mail Service
- Dec. 21: Priority Mail
- Dec. 23: Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 19: UPS 3 Day Select
- Dec. 20: UPS 2nd Day Air
- Dec. 23: UPS Next Day Air
- Dec. 16: Ground and Home delivery
- Dec. 19: Express Saver
- Dec. 20: FedEx 2 Day
- Dec. 23: FedEx Standard, Priority, and First Overnight
- Dec. 25: FedEx SameDay, FedEx SameDay City Direct, and City Priority
And here are dates for a few of the big online retailers:
- Dec. 22: Free two-day shipping on qualifying items
- Dec. 23: Free one-day shipping on qualifying items
- Dec. 24: Free same-day shipping on qualifying orders over $35 and in same-day delivery areas.
- Dec. 20: Free/standard shipping
- Dec. 23: Expedited shipping
- Dec. 20: Standard delivery by Tuesday, December, 24
- Dec. 24: Same-day delivery on qualifying orders placed before 12 p.m.
- Dec. 16: Free/standard shipping
- Dec. 19: Expedited shipping
You can click here for an even more thorough list of 2019 holiday shipping deadlines from Forbes.