You Know You Are From Ocean County, New Jersey If?
This question should be completely different for every listener. Maybe you just moved here to Ocean County, maybe you have been here several years or maybe you were even born here. You Know You Are From Ocean County If?
I have lived in Ocean County for 50 years, so my list is going to be easy, well easy after I get them all out of my head and into this article lol my thoughts are in no chronological order, just random memories and thoughts about life here in Ocean County. I wonder if there is anyone who has lived, and still is, over 100 years here in Ocean County? Please reach out if you are or know of someone because that could be a completely separate article.
So let’s dig into my You Know You Are From Ocean County If?
- Your first movie was at the Dover Theatre Toms River
- You attended the Elizabeth V Edwards School in Barnegat
- You loved racing the go-carts on Route 37 Toms River
- You remember when there was no Toms River East, Brick Memorial, Barnegat, Pinelands Regional, Jackson Liberty, Lacey High Schools
- You shopped at stores like Britts, Ben Franklin, Steinbach’s and Two Guys.
- You enjoyed mugs of Stewart’s Root Beer and Kohl’s Ice Cream.
- You played games on the boardwalk for a quarter or even less!
- You remember the Hurricane House
- You bought your first pair of OP’s at Things U Like
- Have a beach badge
- If you enjoy GREAT pizza
- You love salt water taffy
- You remember 25 cent tolls on the Parkway
In Conclusion: Take a few minutes to think about this question and share some of your insights, we will be discussing this on Friday’s Show with the Morning Coffee Question at 8:05 am
The Tallest Building in Toms River
LOOK: Famous Historic Homes in Every State