What Are You Looking Forward To Most Once The Pandemic Ends?
I was thinking the other day about what I will do once the pandemic is considered officially over. In other words, no masks and no social distancing required although my guess is some will still follow those protocols for a while. As a matter of fact I think some of the things we did with regularity before COVID-19 may be ancient history for some. Included would be handshakes and kisses of those we are not close with and standing in a packed crowd at a concert.
However there are many things we will look forward to including:
- Sitting at a bar…any bar and enjoying a drink served by a friendly bartender.
- Talking with co-workers at the water cooler because there are actually co-workers at the water cooler.
- The return to “Bagel Fridays” at our office.
- Not having to get our temperature checked…for anything.
- Gladly accepting any and all party invitations.
- Coughing inside a store without everyone giving me a dirty look.
- Walking on the treadmill in my gym with others on both sides of us.
- Buying clothes after we have tried them on.
- Not being afraid to ask someone if you can use their bathroom.
- Face to face meetings instead of Zoom, Teams and Skype.
- Actually be able to visit someone in the hospital.
- Watching a movie in a movie theater, comfortably.
- Watch a Broadway show in a Broadway Theatre!
- Going to a baseball game in person with a lot of people and have our beer served by a vendor.
- Going to a Penn State football game with 100,000 of my closest friends. (This one is clearly personal...see picture).
- Dinner reservations for a large party at the same table.
- Not having to watch virtual award shows ever again.
- Making spur-of-the-moment plans because you can.
- Going to an all-you-can-eat brunch…well maybe.
- Dancing and not on a TikTok video.
- Christmas and holiday parties.
- Traveling without hesitation
That’s more than enough to start and let’s hope it all begins very soon.
COVID-19 Cases In Ocean County Town By Town