An employee at the Wendy's on Route 35 in Middletown required medical attention after being burned accidentally by boiling hot water while on the job Wednesday night around 10:55 pm.

Medical personnel from the Leonardo First Aid and Rescue Squad and paramedics from MONOC joined Middletown Police in responding to the call.

The victim, a 19 year old female employee, sustained non-life-threatening burns as a result of accidental contact with boiling water.

She was treated on the scene and then transported to Riverview Medical Center by ambulance.

More From The Jersey Shore:

More From 92.7 WOBM