Unsolicited Thoughts On A Few Topics
- The six-game suspension of Browns quarterback and serial masseuse abuser Deshaun Watson simply sends a bad message to so many including the two dozen women who filed claims of sexual misconduct. What makes the sentence handed down by a retired federal judge so “light” is that Watson and the Browns structured his $230 million guaranteed contract so he only makes a million dollars this year with the suspension only costing him $345,000. However for the next four years beginning his 2023 he will earn $46 million annually as he smiles all the way to the bank. Simply awful.
- After acquiring Juan Soto from the Nationals Tuesday it’s fair to say nobody wants to face the Padres in the postseason.
- It is clearly good news that we took out a major Al Qaeda leader and notorious bad guy. However the real story in the world today is what are we going to do about Ukraine in the weeks and months ahead. Russia is not going away.
- It seems every day in New York there are shootings and murders and sometimes many of them. It also seems the suspects are just about all repeat offenders. Soft on crime eventually bites you in the you know where.
- Need something to watch on TV. Two thumbs up for “Loot” on Apple TV and “The Bear” on Hulu. Both are considered comedies although I would call “The Bear” more of a drama. Limited series, half-hour episodes and so worth it.
- I have really had it with the Prevagen TV commercials and the people who are now sharper because of the over-the-counter supplement. I’d like to hear from those who have taken it with no positive results.