Timeless Advice on Staying Young
I regret not saving all of the Hometown Views I have done over the past 20 plus years but I’ve held on to a few that I’ll bring out once in a while when the mood hits me.
This one caught my attention for a few different reasons and while not an original “10 Tips on How to Stay Young” is still very relevant and worth sharing:
- Enjoy the simple things.
- Throw out nonessential numbers including age, weight and height. Let your doctor worry about them.
- Keep only cheerful friends…the grouches pull you down.
- Laugh long, loud and often.
- Tears happen. Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
- Keep learning about anything and everything. Never let the brain idle as an “idle mind is the devil’s workshop and the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.”
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether its family, pets, music, plants, hobbies...whatever. Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health. If it’s good, preserve it. If it’s unstable, improve it. It it’s beyond with YOU can improve then get help.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the beach, to another state or even a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
- Tell the people you love that you love them as often as possible.
And always remember. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.