The Mets, Presidential Tweets and the Speed of Summer
Nobody has really asked my opinion but if they did I would tell them:
- As a longtime Mets fan and sufferer we should expect more of the same in the future because the Wilpon’s will never sell the team and at the same time never really understand how to run one.
- The world would be a better place in President Trump cancelled his twitter account.
- He’s never going to win an Academy Award but who could have possibly predicted that Dwayne Johnson would be this big of a movie star. He doesn’t even need to be called “The Rock” anymore.
- Jennifer Garner is really beautiful.
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young were and are one of my favorites groups of all time and I’ll listen to their music over anything out there today.
- I never thought I would say this but I really do believe the peak years of the NFL are over and the future is more uncertain than at any time in decades.
- You travel around the country and see so many areas with really nice public schools and facilities and you wonder how here in Ocean County we are watching some schools fall apart in front of us. Something is wrong and talk is cheap.
- It’s really not fair that the 13 weeks of summer go ten times faster than the 13 weeks of winter.
- The best move Seaside Heights has made in decades was when they hired Christopher Vaz as their Borough Administrator. He has a true appreciation of what the town was in the past and needs to be in the present and future. Whether it gets there is a different story but he and other borough officials are giving it their best shot.
- I would love to have a drink with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.I think they are basically a fun couple to be around.
- Tiger Woods will win a golf tournament within the next year and I’d bet on that at Monmouth Park if I could.
- If I had a teen-age daughter I would be strongly opposed to her wearing a thong or wedge bikini on the beach which have been very popular this summer. Notice I didn’t say “would not allow” because at the end of the day I would leave that to my wife.