The 10 Commandments for Eating the Perfect New Jersey Pork Roll
I was speaking with one of my favorite "New Jerseyans" and his favorite thing is of course, pork roll. He said it reminds him of home and family. "Others try to make that perfect pork roll but there's nothing like a true New Jersey pork roll sandwich."
He was telling me about the 10 Commandments for the perfect way to eat a pork roll sandwich. He told me these 10 Commandments in about 2 seconds. It made me giggle.
Here they are:
1. Never eat it cold.
2. Always eat it on a Kaiser roll.
3. And it's great on an everything bagel, too.
4. It's better thick than thin.
5. Fry it, never microwave it.
6. Pork roll needs a slit in it so it cooks evenly through and doesn't bubble.
7. It's not just for breakfast, have it whenever you want it.
8. If you call it Taylor Ham or pork roll it's all the same-just eat it up!
9. It tastes best with egg and cheese and ketchup.
10. If it's dripping with grease and the cheese is all gooey it's the perfect fix for a hungry belly.
Really, do you agree? :)
More from 92.7 WOBM: