Stockton University Earns ‘Military Spouse Friendly’ Designation
For the first time ever, Stockton University has earned official designation as a "Military Spouse Friendly" School by the national Military Friendly organization for 2022-2023.
Stockton University underwent a rigorous review, which featured both public data comparison and the results of a proprietary survey.
"We are pleased to receive this recognition, especially after getting the Silver Military Friendly designation earlier this year," said Michael Barany, the director of Stockton's Military and Veterans Success Center.
"We know that it's important to not just serve veterans, but support their spouses and families too, and that's an integral part of what we do here at Stockton University,” said Barany.
More than 1800 schools took part in the national survey. Stockton was one of only 346 schools to earn this distinction.
The Military and Veteran Success Center at Stockton University provides comprehensive services including:
- Affordable access to affordable, quality education.
- Comprehensive support services to military-affiliated students including:
- Military veterans
- Active duty
- National Guard
- spouses and dependents.
To be selected, a school must have instituted policies that:
- Address the dynamic needs of military spouses and their families.
- Implement admissions, retention, career counseling, and mentoring programs to help with difficulties faced by spouses.
To make the list, a school also has to:
- Offer flexible learning options.
- Degree continuation programs.
- Accommodate military deployments and relocation.
For more information about Stockton University's Military and Veterans Success Center, email email@example.com or call 609-652-4315.