Route 88 Bridge in Point Pleasant closing for system testing
The Route 88 bridge over the Point Pleasant Canal in Point Pleasant will be closed and detoured for a second night in a row this evening as NJ DOT crews complete interlock system testing.
Work will run from 8:00 p.m. tonight until 5:00 a.m. Wednesday when the NJDOT’s contractor Mount Construction, will close and detour the bridge to complete interlock testing where they will lift the bridge several times.
Route 88 Eastbound detour:
• Route 88 eastbound motorists will be directed to turn right on Beaver Dam Road/CR 630
• Turn left on Bridge Avenue east and go over the Lovelandtown Bridge
• Turn left on Bay Avenue/CR 604 to Route 88
Route 88 Westbound detour:
• Route 88 westbound motorists will be directed to turn left on Bay Avenue/CR 604
• Turn right on Bridge Avenue west over the Lovelandtown Bridge
• Turn right on Beaver Dam Road/CR 630 to Route 88 westbound
Variable Message Signs will provide advance notification to motorists of traffic pattern changes associated with the work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.
More Jersey Shore News: