Pet Peeves-Round #1
Like most of you I have a rather long list of pet peeves, so many in fact that I have to classify them into three categories…BIG, NOT SO BIG and SMALL. Today I break down six which I’m sure at least some of you will agree with. The first four are all BIG ones and as you might imagine involve driving habits.
- Drivers who don’t use directional signals. What’s more frustrating than this? Whether it’s on a local road when making a turn or those that race in and out of traffic while doing 80 on the GSP.
- Drivers who totally ignore yield signs. There is a reason for these signs but many seem to believe it’s a message for them to speed up and beat those who actually have the right of way.
- Pedestrians who not only take their time when crossing the road but do so while talking on their phones oblivious to the fact they are in a roadway.
- People who leave shopping carts in parking spaces instead of walking 20 feet to put them where they should go. I mean how lazy can you be?
Here’s a couple which I’ll put in the NOT SO BIG category but still tick me off:
- Having to ask for napkins at any food establishment, including drive-thrus.
- Returning a phone call to a business or professional office in which the phone is answered “please hold” before you can say anything.
I guess that’s enough venting for one day. I’m sure there will be a sequel to this.